What a weekend! I'll take another, please.

Well, I don't know about you but my weekend went by slowly.

Saturday, Tyler headed to Springfield for an oil change and I to St Joe, to get the girl's their annual shots. Per my Instagram (itzamemari), you can see Maya was not having all the poking and prodding. Poor girl. June took it but both of them had heightened senses and were stressed. Least it's done and over with. I spent the afternoon doing a friend's nails and then went on an hour long bike ride around the neighborhood.

Sunday, Tyler and I went for a bike ride after church. I actually got back on the Grom for the first time after my spill. It wasn't scary and I easily took off multiple times in first gear. Shockingly, I've done a better job at listening to the bike while the clutch flutters and giving it gas at the right time. Confidence isn't high but it's at a good start.

So most of you know by now, via Instagram, that Tyler and I bought a new vehicle. I said good bye to my Subaru Impreza that brought me out to IL and said hello to our new Chevy Traverse. So since I love getting a good deal, I'll give a rough look on what happened to acquire a new vehicle.
We had been looking for a month or so and figured we wanted a Chevy Traverse 1LT or 2 LT. To elaborate, the traverse's tier is LS, 1LT, 2LT, and at the top, LTZ. I believe, they range from $26k to $44k and that's before any of their add-on packages, like sun roof, leather seats, sound system, etc. Anywho, we found out that Chevy was having a 20% off MSRP on models on the lot...so they've done this before but for their cars, and this time they opened it to the Equinox, Traverse, and Tahoe, I think. What a steal right?! 20% off MSRP....well b/c Tyler is Military and Chevy honors military, we were able to get a code for additional $$ off. Good deal, right? We were ready to go see what our local dealership had.
So, on Tues last week, we ventured into Sullivan-Parkhill to see what they had on their lot. We test drove what we thought was a FWD 2LT....loved it! Smooth ride, picked up quickly, had more bells and whistles than we really needed b/c all we wanted was leather seats for the pups. Figured this was the one for us, and started to paperwork. Initially the military discount could not be applied on top of the 20%; but the wonderful people at Sullivan-Parkhill honored it anyway. Then we applied our trade in towards the price to bring it lower. Saweet, right! We were taking home our FWD 2LT....just as we were going over the features one last time we were told that it's not a 2LT, but in fact an LTZ AWD! Insane....I never thought we'd have a top tier vehicle...nuts! Bonus, when we turned in the Subaru, we found out that the oil changes for the first 15,000 miles are covered by the dealership...uh THANK YOU!!!!

Anyway, we basically got a top tier vehicle with a sweet package for a LOT less. Don't you love a good deal!? I do!! Thanks Chevrolet Sullivan-Parkhill!!!

Since we've had the vehicle, I have enjoyed driving it and Tyler as well. I think we've figured out all the buttons for the most part and how to work the DVD player for the back and front. Something we probably will not use except on long trips or once we have kids. I've personally never had a top tier vehicle, so it's mind boggling the items they put in them. Who knew!!
Next is to get the whole vehicle WeatherTech'd out. 

Hopefully the remainder of this week flies by. Tyler has his track day on Saturday....basically he will ride is Ducati on a track and get familiar with it and how it performs. Safest place to do so....NO knee dragging will happen this coming Saturday. Haha.

Love to all of you as you move through your work week. Stay positive.

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat at itzamemari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And we're back!

It's Sunday funday and we've had quite a weekend