This week is crazy!

Lately, I find myself referring to our somewhere out there child as my little nugget, or peanut, or beti(daughter). Normally this is not out loud but in our home. I'm so looking forward to you being here with us. God knows where you are and perhaps you haven't been born yet. He will bring you to us and us to you. I know this is true.

I've been going through names for our sweet one and I love Aditi(means boundless), Neha(means loving), Aashna, and Avani(means earth). I also find myself wondering what you'll call me....maybe Am'ma - which according to me research is Mother in Tamil. I really hope I can teach you to call specific people like grandma, Nani-ji. Just know that every one else will probably be Auntie or Uncle. I'm certain that you'll just call your father, dad or daddy. My goal for you little one, is to have all the possibilities in the world while keeping your heritage in the forefront. I want you to be Indian-American and coming from a first generation immigrant, that is so very special to hold. You can play any sport you want, any musical instrument you want, be anything you want. I want the world for you with endless possibilities. I can't wait to meet you!

In other news.......

Got my renunciation certificate and my Indian passport back, so that's good. Now we're just waiting on my OCI status. I think that takes about 45 days. I'm impatient.

Next weekend (5/13) will be our Lola's Brush Fundraiser. I really hope people turn out for this!! It'll be a great time and we have so many raffle items that need to be given away. If you're local and haven't bought your ticket...please go do so at www.lolasbrush.com to purchase your ticket. $35.00 gets you everything you need to paint and appetizers. We will be selling raffle tickets at the door... $5 for 6tix and $10 for 12tix. Don't miss out!!! Help me become a mom.


Tyler and I have been running around like crazy collecting items for our garage sale. It's been overwhelming the level of support from complete strangers that we have received. What a glorious blessing. Thank you all.

This weekend is our first weekend where we aren't doing anything crazy. Just a chill weekend. I think I may take several naps after I go through all of our items for the garage sale. I need to start placing things in piles that will be tagged with prices. This is a lot of work and I'm already exhausted. LOL.

______________________________________

How can you help?

Purchase a puzzle piece! They are $25 a pieces and there's no limit to how many you purchase.
Use the 'Donate' button via Paypal on the left hand side of our blog. It only works if you're on a computer. If you're on your phone and have a PayPal app, you can use my email to send funds to.

If you're local, come out to Guidos in Downtown Champaign on May 13th from 12-3pm for our paint party. Amazing raffle items!!! Tickets are purchased through www.lolasbrush.com

We have a garage sale coming up in June. We're accepting donations right now, so get in touch with me if that interests you.

Pray for us. Pray that we have a smooth process, that we're financially safe in this journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a weekend! I'll take another, please.

And we're back!

It's Sunday funday and we've had quite a weekend