The only reason

Tyler & I have known we wanted a family. Adoption in my mind was never a "back up plan" option. It always has been first and foremost. Struggling with infertility was just unexpected. Tyler wanted a bio kid, and I don't blame him for that want - it's completely natural. Who knows, we may still have one. For now tho, God had other plans for us.

The only reason that stands out for us to adopt is because there are so many children out there that need a loving home, an open community, and endless opportunity.  That's it. Not because we're struggling with infertility, not because we think it's brave, none of the other reasons people come up with who see adoption differently. Just simply, that there are many children who need a loving home, family, and community.

Luckily, I have been so blessed to grow up in a community of fellow adoptees and we happen to go to a church that is full of blended families. It truly is a safe haven for us to welcome our child in to.
I don't worry about the questions we'll get - I got them and so did my mom. You just smile and say something like "yes, this is my child" or "I'm her real mom/dad.". Keep it simple and for those who continue to press, change up the conversation topic.

I already know that my heart is growing as we get further into the process. I get excited for what's to come and how are we going to manage with having a baby/child.
Waiting patiently is so hard and at times I feel like we are literally right around the corner from our child.

I know this post seems like a mish mash of things, but I have a lot on my mind. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a weekend! I'll take another, please.

And we're back!

It's Sunday funday and we've had quite a weekend