I'm Back!

It was a whirlwind of a weekend in MD!!!

I spent some of my time visiting with Nancy & Michael, which was lovely to see such gentle spirits. For those who don't know, Michael has an aggressive form of cancer and it's been very difficult for Nancy and his family. However, he has maintained his bright spirit and sense of humor during this journey. What a courageous man to be able to keep those qualities while he deals with the difficulties cancer brings.
It meant a lot to spend time with them, especially since I do not get home too often during the year. It made me feel really good to be there for Nan and Michael. Please keep them both in your prayers.

Saturday afternoon, after my visit I drove home to attend Dorie's baby shower - Dumbo themed - and it was lovely. So good to see her and growing belly. It was definitely sweet to see her at home nesting and getting ready. We even shared some laughs as we put together the crib for Baby J.
By the way, I now know why so many couples argue over putting together a crib. Dorie, Lauren, and I laughed through the whole thing but dang, was it confusing with some of the parts. Once finished, I HAD to display it properly with some of the goodies Dorie got....couldn't help myself. haha.


Mother's Day was so laid back and wonderful. Mom and I walked on the island with the pups, enjoyed a glass of ice tea, and took in the decent weather. Afterwards, we went over to Sam's and had crabs, shrimp, and corn on the cob. Maryland staple right there! It's crab season!! So glad I got to make that!!!

I've decided that Tyler & I need to do 2 trips to MD; one in the Spring/Summer and one during Thanksgiving/Christmas. I love MD during the Fall and Winter, but I want to be able to enjoy the warmer months....plus it breaks my heart each time I miss crab season....I have to settle with putting Old Bay on chicken out here.

mmmm nom nom crabs and plenty of Old Bay
Looking forward to visiting MD in the Winter and possibly taking a venture up to NYC for New Years. We normally don't pack up our trips with people and places to see, but Tyler has never been to NYC. We may once again, cram a short trip to MD and a short trip to NYC...who knows?! After all, it's only May!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a weekend! I'll take another, please.

And we're back!

It's Sunday funday and we've had quite a weekend