What a weekend...

And I don't mean that in a good way.

I feel so much for those victims of the Orlando shooting. I still have questions that will never be answered as to why this person did what he did.

It is completely inexcusable to take the lives of others. What does that achieve? Nothing.

Here's where my problem lies is with mainstream media slapping labels to the perpetrator...let's just keep fueling the hate for the labels they've given him. He's nobody. He's completely irrelevant in all of this. He stole from others and their families.

Yes, I am a Christian and yes, I believe in a Christian marriage and my God is the only one. That said, I am not going to shut down those who do not agree with me or value their lives any less.  In fact in keeping with what Jesus preached, I'm going to lift those around me. I'm not going to spew my distaste for their lives. I'm going to praise them and support them. It is not my place to put labels, or judge on my fellow neighbors.
In fact, let me just call you what you actually are because I have gone against and given myself a label which is not needed; you are my fellow Americans.

We, the People, have stood through tribulations and trials.
We've had countless communities mourn for their loved ones lost to war, and senseless acts of violence.
Here we are in one of the craziest decades, about to watch political leaders battle it out for the ultimate seat. And how will they do that? Prey on and fill your minds with disgust and hate for those who just happen to be different from you; but guess what, we are the People. We are America. Stand together, value one another even when you can't agree, teach accountability, fight for something that actually matters. . . fight for others to be able to live their life in safety.


Be above the hate. Love thy neighbor and teach accountability. We all make choices. What choices will you make? Will the fulfill you, or end you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a weekend! I'll take another, please.

And we're back!

It's Sunday funday and we've had quite a weekend