God's blessings unfolding before me

As most of you know, we were hosting a fundraiser/raffle through Lola's Brush. Well this past Saturday we had to cancel because we simply did not sell enough tickets to our event. So, I decided that instead of rallying for another date right away, I'd go get a pedicure and use that gift card I had received from my mother-in law.

It was sooo needed. I was feeling relaxed and calm about everything. I was a tad sad about having to cancel the party, but the leg massage took all that away. While I was sitting back relaxing, Mandy from Lola's Brush called me and texted me so quickly that I barely had a chance to pick up the phone. She had received an inquiry from WCIA News Channel 3 about our party and that even though it was cancelled they wanted to report our story. While we discussed this, I mentioned let's get a new date for our party in case they want to proceed with an interview. That way we can launch the new day and use this as serious publicity.
When I got off the phone, I immediately called Karyn Rodriguez who was the reporter, and went through our story a bit with her. She wanted to do an in-person interview for her 5pm and 10pm spot. Tyler and I agreed, and we had her over at 9am this past Sunday to discuss our journey and thank the local businesses that have donated to our raffle. Luckily, we were able to get a new date in time to plug that into our interview as well.

I was at such a crossroads with our event having to be cancelled and then this interview. God truly guided us and gave us this opportunity to share our story to the public.
WCIA's story on us! View it here!!!! Please share it as well!!!

I hope those that are local, join us on Thursday June 15th from 6pm-9pm at Guido's Bar & Grill in downtown Champaign for our Lola's Brush paint and raffle party.
PURCHASE YOUR TICKET(S) HERE!!!!!

Real quick, I just want to extend our thanks to the following people/businesses:

Maggie & Mandy of Lola's Brush for being so supportive and working with us!!! You two make this all possible!!!

Karyn Rodriguez of WCIA and WCIA for putting our story out there and doing a beautiful job!

Guido's Bar & Grill
Applebees of Savoy
Buffalo Wild Wings
StarCrest Cleaners
Attie's Bar & Grill
Danville Gardens
Savoy 16
Christine Leeb
Unyoked Crossfit
Melixa Zumba
Riggs Brewery
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign
Regent Ballroom
Mayor of Champaign
Chicago Bears
Espresso Royal
Cafe Kopi
Great Harvest Bread Co
Cookies by Design
Rodan + Fields Kaitlyn Van Wynen
Stella & Dot Paige Kirby
Thirty One Bag Kate Clark
Champaign Aviation
For The Love of Hair salon Abby Schopp ..... for donating items and/or gift cards towards our raffle.

Join us Thursday, June 15th from 6-9pm at Guido's Bar & Grill in downtown Champaign.

Don't forget we will also be having our garage sale on Jun 3rd and 4th (Sat/Sun), alongside Prairie Fields Subdivision Garage Sale Jun 2-4th.


This is the painting that we will be doing!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a weekend! I'll take another, please.

And we're back!

It's Sunday funday and we've had quite a weekend