Too good not to share..

Today's Verse

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love ... Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another."  
                                                              1 John 4:7-8, 11


Let's just be completely realistic here, we have all struggled to love ourselves in some form or fashion. Truth is, how can we unending love others if we cannot love ourselves? Where would we learn how to do this?
Some would say, our parents or other family members, and while this is true I honestly seek out God for this.

I follow God, who sent his only Son to die for my sins. God has loved me when I was wrong, when I traveled down the wrong path, when I said something I shouldn't have, when I was my rebellious self. We can do everything to rebel against God, but he still loves us. God truly, unconditionally loves himself and therefore he can love us unconditionally. I think as merely humans, we do what we can to achieve that perfection but we struggle with abuses, temptations, negativity, and all of those things that may stop us or cause us to deviate from our path to get around.

Continue to love yourself, so that you can love unconditionally. Whether you seek that through God, or somewhere else...that is really the message.

Go in love. Go in God.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a weekend! I'll take another, please.

And we're back!

It's Sunday funday and we've had quite a weekend