Adopted: Mari's Story

“His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. And this gave him great pleasure.” Ephesians 1:5(NLT)

The above scripture resonates with me in two ways, I (Mari) am adopted and by the grace of God he adopted me.

Immediately after my birth, I was placed in a Catholic orphanage for girls. Upon my placement, I was baptized and thusly named Maria Amrutham. 
Now, to some people because I don't follow Catholicism my baptism is invalid. It does irritate me to hear that, but that is my first tie to God so it means a lot to me.

Having been connected with Unitarian Universalism; which pulls from all religions, it made my journey confusing and complicated.

It wasn't until I got engaged that God really spoke to me and called me to his family. I ended up having dreams of being at a fork in the road, with a hand on my shoulder pushing me in a lighted direction. It took me three separate occasions to realize that I was receiving a personal invitation to join God's family.

Its wonderful to be surrounded by people who love you, but to know that there's someone bigger that loves you from day one......it means so much more. You also appreciate that knowledge more. 

That being said, my story is still being written and  I still have much to learn. I look forward to experiencing God's love for me in numerous ways and am constantly open to receiving his blessings, triumphing over the trials he places within my life, and lastly, helping others open their hearts to Christ. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a weekend! I'll take another, please.

And we're back!

It's Sunday funday and we've had quite a weekend